2017 ACOPA Actuarial Symposium
August 18-19 | Chicago, Il. | The Palmer House Hilton
AGENDA | REGISTRATION FORM
The ACOPA Actuarial Symposium has been designed for pension actuaries and professionals who are concerned about the impact of recent regulations. The sessions are geared specifically toward issues affecting actuaries in the pension field. A panel of experts will lead each session, with the opportunity for roundtable discussions and questions. The final “Ask the Experts” session provides an opportunity for you to ask questions that are relevant to your specific area of expertise.
2017 REGISTRATION RATES
(7/29/17 - 8/11/17)
The Palmer House
17 East Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603
- Access to all sessions
- Continental breakfast on Friday and Saturday
- Beverage breaks and lunch on Friday and Saturday
- Reception on Friday evening
Registrants will receive confirmation via email if registration and payment are received by August 11, 2017
ACOPA Actuarial Symposium
Continuing Education Credit Approval
For other types of continuing education credit, including CLE, CFP, or state insurance credit, please click here by June 26, 2017 to submit your request for approval. Advance approval of the program will be sought if the application process and filing fees are not prohibitive.
If a written cancellation is received before August 11, 2017, we will refund the full registration fee minus a $100 processing fee. After August 11, 2017, no refunds will be given. Please submit all refund requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ACOPA Actuarial Symposium offers up to 16 hours of ASPPA, JBEA Formal and ERPA CE credits. The final decision as to the number of JBEA credits rests solely with the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries (JBEA).
For other types of continuing education credit, including CLE, CFP, or state insurance credit, please email email@example.com by June 26, 2017 to submit your request for approval. Advance approval of the program will be sought if the application process and filing fees are not prohibitive.
Presentations will be posted online before the conference for attendees to download.
ACOPA Actuarial Symposium Steering Committee
Andrew Forgrave, EA, MAAA, MSPA; Jacob, Haxton & Boord, LLC, Worthington, OH
Raymond D. Berry MSPA, EA, MAAA; Grant Thornton, LLP, Chicago, IL
Sharmilla Chatterjee, ASA, EA, MAAA; Aprio, Atlanta, GA
ACOPA General Conferences Co-Chair
Judy Miller, MSPA; ACOPA Executive Director, Director of Retirement Policy, American Retirement Association, Arlington, VA
- Advance the knowledge of actuarial science as it relates to retirement and other employee benefit plans Promote and maintain highest professional and ethical standards among its Members
- Enable actuaries engaged in pension practice to assemble and discuss common issues
- Promote and interchange of information among actuaries and the leadership of various actuarial organizations
- Keep the public informed of the profession and the responsibilities of the professional pension actuary in public practice
- Promote the expansion of the private retirement system by educating government agencies and Congress on issues that affect the short and long range health of the private retirement system
- Promote the education and professional development of both pension actuaries and actuarial students
The ASPPA College of Pension Actuaries (ACOPA) was formed in September 2008 when ASPPA and the College of Pension Actuaries (COPA) combined to form a semi-autonomous operating unit within ASPPA. ACOPA is the primary source of professional organizational support for pension actuaries, and is charged with carrying out ASPPA’s responsibilities as one of the recognized US-based actuarial organizations. All credentialed actuarial members of ASPPA are members of ACOPA.
Today ACOPA is part of the American Retirement Association, which was created in January 2015 to support the missions of ACOPA and its “sister” organizations, and to provide a single voice that can speak on behalf of the entire retirement industry. In addition to ACOPA, those sister organizations are ASPPA, the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA) and the National Tax-deferred Savings Association (NTSA).
Registration and General Questions
703.516.9300 ext. 169