Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question that is not on this list you may contact Customer Care or call 800.308.6714.
- 1. I am having difficulty logging in.
- 2. I just purchased an On-Demand Webcast/Online Exam/PDF Study Guide. How do I access it?
- 3. I am looking for a form.
- 4. I am stuck on the Membership Affirmation screen.
- 5. I am experiencing technical difficulty.
- 6. I have a question about an ABC event (including registration and CE).
- 7. How do I register multiple people for a webcast? For a conference? An exam?
- 8. What credentials do you offer and how do I earn them?
- 9. I made a mistake self-reporting a CE entry. How do I edit it?
- 10. I would like to know if a particular program qualifies for CE.
- 11. How do I self-report my CE credits?
- 12. How do I know if I have to complete CE?
- 13. How do I request for ERPA CE to be submitted to the IRS?
- 14. How do I access my ERISA Outline Book?
- 15. Do I have to be a member of ASPPA to take your exams?
- 16. Do my exams expire?
- 17. I’ve completed all of the required exams; how do I apply for my credential?
- 18. How do I reinstate my expired credential?
- 19. How can I verify if someone’s credential is active?
- 20. Where can I find the Education Calendar?
- 21. What are the benefits of ASPPA membership?
- 22. How much does membership cost?
- 23. Does ASPPA have corporate membership?
- 24. Does ASPPA offer a multi-member discount?
- 25. Does ASPPA offer any special membership dues rates?
- 26. What is the American Retirement Association?
1. I am having difficulty logging in.
2. I just purchased an On-Demand Webcast/Online Exam/PDF Study Guide. How do I access it?
- If you have forgotten your username please click here
- If you need to reset your password please click here
- If you still experience difficulty please contact Customer Care
Login to your account on asppa-net.org. Click on ‘My Account,’ scroll down to Education and click ‘My Learning Activities.’ This is where you access all online programs.
3. I am looking for a form.
4. I am stuck on the Membership Affirmation screen.
5. I am experiencing technical difficulty.
- 1. Log on to asppa-net.org with your password and when you see the affirmation screen –
- 2. Go to Internet Options (the gear icon in the top right corner of the browser window) and choose ‘Compatibility View Settings’
- 3. In the next window, add asppa-net.org to the list by ensuring that ‘asppa-net.org’ appears in the ‘Add this website’ box and clicking ‘Add’
- 4. Click Close
- 5. You should then be able to select ‘Yes’ on the affirmation screen and submit the page.
We perform extensive testing on a variety of browsers and platforms for maximum compatibility. Sometimes there are security restrictions in place which may impede access. We recommend first trying a different browser or reaching out to your technical support to ensure asppa-net.org and affiliate sites are not prohibited.
6. I have a question about an ABC event (including registration, membership, and CE).
For all ABC event-related inquiries, please contact Stacia McCaul
7. How do I register multiple individuals for a webcast? For a conference? An exam?
8. What credentials do you offer and how do I earn them?
To view our current listing of credential programs, click here.
Follow the links for information regarding exam requirements, study materials, and cost.
9. I made a mistake self-reporting a CE entry. How do I edit it?
Self-reported CE entries cannot be edited online. Please email Customer Care
with the title and date of the incorrect entry and we will delete it for you so it can be re-entered correctly.
10. I would like to know if a particular program qualifies for CE.
Non-ARA-sponsored activities do not require pre-approval; however, the attendee and the sponsor of the activity must comply with the guidelines and requirements. In the event of an audit, the candidate will be required to submit further documentation to verify compliance. If you complete a program outside of ASPPA that states it offers continuing education credit and covers relevant topics you may self-report those credits on your Transcripts Page
. For more information click here
11. How do I self-report my CE credits?
to access your CE Transcripts page, then scroll down to ‘Self-reported CE’ and follow the instructions.
12. How do I know if I have to complete CE?
Credentialed members of ASPPA, NAPA, or NTSA who hold the following credentials must complete CE: QKA, QPA, CPC, APM, CPFA, QPFC, TGPC.
You can check your current CE status on your Transcripts Page.
13. How do I request for ERPA CE to be submitted to the IRS?
If you hold the ERPA designation through the IRS, email your PTIN one time to Customer Care
and we will update your account. When you complete a CE activity through ASPPA that qualifies for ERPA CE, your credits will automatically be uploaded on a monthly basis.
14. How do I access my ERISA Outline Book?
If you have a current online EOB subscription, login into your account, click ‘My Account,’ then scroll down to ‘Education’ and click ‘ERISA Outline Book.’ If you do not know your username or password please click here.
If you have a subscription but still cannot access please contact Customer Care
15. Do I have to be a member of ASPPA to take your exams?
No, anyone can take our exams. There are no prerequisites or other requirements. You will simply need to create a free account with us by clicking here.
16. Do my exams expire?
Yes. Exams taken through the Retirement Plan Academy are valid for 8 years plus a 6-month grace period from date of completion unless you currently hold an active credential with us. You may revalidate expired exams by submitting the Exam Revalidation Form
: Complete 40 CE credits (2 of which must be ethics) in the 24-month period prior to submission of your credentialed membership application. See grandfathering information
for expired exams taken prior to 2006. For more information click here
17. I’ve completed all of the required exams; how do I apply for my credential?
If this is your first credential with us and you are not yet a member, use this form
If you already hold a credential with us and are applying for an additional one, use this form
If you are an Affiliate member and are applying for your first credential, use this form
18. How do I reinstate my expired credential?
19. How can I verify if someone’s credential is active?
All requests must be emailed to Customer Care
. The screener must provide suitable information to verify the individual’s identity (email address, previous employer or work address, etc) and what credential(s) he or she wishes to verify. We can provide confirmation or denial of current credential status, the date received, the date expired, or active pending renewal. We cannot provide contact information, exam history, disciplinary history, or purchase history.
20. Where can I find the Education Calendar?
To view the Education Calendar please click here
21. What are the benefits of ASPPA membership?
To read about the many ASPPA membership benefits please click here
Anyone with an interest in the retirement plan field is encouraged to become an affiliate member of ASPPA
22. How much does membership cost?
Membership is prorated depending on time-of-year. Please view the payment information section on the application relevant to you.
23. Does ASPPA have corporate membership?
No, only individuals can be members of ASPPA.
24. Does ASPPA offer a multi-member discount?
Yes. If a company has more than one ASPPA-credentialed member, the first credentialed member pays full price, then any additional credentialed members receive 30% discount. Affiliate members are not eligible for corporate multi-member discount.
25. Does ASPPA offer any special membership dues rates?
Yes, there are discounted membership rates available for government employees, full-time students, and those who qualify for retired status. For more information on special rates please contact Customer Care
26. What is the American Retirement Association?
Based in the Washington, D.C. area, the American Retirement Association is a non-profit professional organization with two major goals: to educate all retirement plan and benefits professionals, and to create a framework of policy that gives every working American the ability to have a comfortable retirement. The American Retirement Association is comprised of four premier retirement industry associations; the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA
), the ASPPA College of Pension Actuaries (ACOPA
), the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA
), and the National Tax-Deferred Savings Association (NTSA
Back to top of page