One of ASEA's member benefits you can enjoy is access to the actuaries-only Google Group through which you can ask other members questions, respond to those that have asked, and comment on current developments in the pension actuarial and related fields. (Note that the Google Group is for non-governmental actuaries only.)
By using the ASEA Google Group, you agree that you have read and will abide by the following Google Group guidelines:
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implicitly solicits or leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries, benefits, or other forms of compensation; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Posting information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the owner is prohibited. By posting any material, the posting party warrants and represents they own the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner.
- Posting commercial or marketing messages on the ASEA Google Group is prohibited.
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to engage in statements about character or perceived wrongdoing, or reference non-public disciplinary proceedings. Members should not engage in speech that may include personal attacks, defamation, or libel.
- Messages, or portions thereof, should not be forwarded to persons who are not eligible ASEA Google Group members without first obtaining permission from the author.
- Login information for the ASEA Google Group should not be shared with anyone.
- Members must maintain an updated profile which will appear in any email they post to the ASEA Google Group. The profile must include the member’s first and last name.
- Members should always promote engaging and welcoming communication.
ASEA and the American Retirement Association are not responsible for the content of any messages. ASEA reserves the right to remove any messages that violate these guidelines. This community is self-monitoring. Please use this link to report any concerns.
This highly effective research vehicle, complements the types of support you'd get from a fee-based research service. Members help each other solve specific professional problems. ASEA dues cover the total cost of the Google Group but members must have paid their deues in full to participate.
TRAFFIC CONTROL: Email traffic is quite brisk on the Google Group. The best way to avoid email overload is to:
1. Set up a separate folder for your ASEA Google Group correspondence.
2. Create a rule to automatically move emails to the folder (and not to your primary inbox).
To set up a new folder in Outlook:
a. Click on File\New\Folder and type in the folder name (e.g., "ASEA Google Group").
b. Go to Tools\Rules and Alerts and click on “new rule.”
c. Choose “Start creating a rule from template.”
d. Choose “Move messages with specific words in the subject to a folder.” The “specific word” is [societyofenrolledactuaries] and the folder is the one you just created (e.g., "ASEA Google Group").
NAME UPDATE NOTE: With updating the name of the Google Group, you will need to update your bookmarks, filters, and inbox rules. The email address from/to which you will send/receive emails is now: [email protected]. Update your spam filters to allow this address. Also update your inbox rules to help with the traffic volume.
You will also need to update your bookmark to access the Google Group from your web browser: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/americansocietyofenrolledactuaries. The update to the Google Group name will not affect your membership in the group. You should continue to receive the emails from the group; if you are not check your spam filters and junk inbox.
Already on the Google Group?
Having trouble accessing the ASEA Google Group? Follow these instructions. For more information about joining the ASEA Google Group, contact us.