Available until January 24, 2024
Bob Kaplan, CFP, CPC, QPA, QKC, QKA, Director of Technical Education, American Retirement Association,
Robert M. Richter, J.D., LL.M., APM, Retirement Education Counsel, American Retirement Association
Description: With the enactment of the long-awaited SECURE 2.0 bill, now is the time to get details on its provisions. Our speakers, industry veterans Robert Richter and Bob Kaplan, who have been involved with reviewing and crafting language for the bill, will deliver a detailed analysis of the major provisions that will impact plan design, administration and operations.
Please note that the provisions that apply to defined benefit plans will be reviewed in a virtual event presented by ASPPA’s sister organization, ASEA, so be on the lookout for details on that event.
Provisions covered will include:
- New plan design opportunities that include matching of student loans and emergency savings
- Changes to the RMD beginning dates
- Adjustments to the Long-term, Part-Time Employee requirements
- Long-awaited changes to the top-heavy rules
- Changes to catch-up rules that will require Roth treatment for these deferrals
Key takeaways will include:
- A review all the major provisions of SECURE 2.0 that will impact retirement plans
- Detailed insights on the Roth catch-up requirement
- Focus on the effective dates of the provisions (in chronological order) to prioritize the impact on your clients
On-Demand Webcast is Available Until: January 24, 2024
- Each viewer must have their own registration for each event and access it through their own device in order to receive continuing education credit.
- Live webcast registration does not provide access to the on-demand version.
- Registration for On-Demand webcasts includes unlimited viewing of the webcast recording, webcast outline, and any additional presentation materials for 180 days following the registration date. Recordings are available one week after the live webcast takes place.
- To receive continuing education credit for the On-Demand webcasts, viewers must pass a brief quiz following the recorded session.
Continuing Education Credit (On-Demand): 3 ASPPA, 3 NAPA, 3 NTSA, 3 JBEA Non-core, 3 ERPA
About the Speakers:
Robert Richter joined the American Retirement Association (ARA) as Retirement Education Counsel in January of 2019, where he’s primarily responsible for maintaining the ERISA Outline Book and assisting with ARA educational programs. Robert was previously a vice president with FIS (previously SunGard and Corbel) where he managed the consulting department and was responsible for authoring and supporting FIS retirement plan documents. Robert served as President of the American Retirement Association in 2017 and in 2012 (ASPPA). Robert is a Fellow in the American College of Employee Benefit Counsel and is a member of The Florida Bar. Robert received a B.S., with a major in Finance, from the University of Florida, a J.D. from Florida State University, and an LL.M. in taxation from the University of Florida.
Bob Kaplan is the Director of Technical Education for the American Retirement Association (ARA). In this role he is the Subject Matter Expert for the content of the educational programs for the ARA. Bob is also a frequent speaker at industry conferences and on webcasts. Bob is a former member of ASPPA’s Leadership Council and Co-Chair of the organization’s Government Affairs Committee. Bob is a former member of NIPA’s Board of Directors and the Board of Managers of the American Institute of Retirement Education. In 2009, Bob was presented with NIPA’s Lifetime Achievement Award for contributions to the retirement industry. Bob has over 40 years of experience in the retirement industry including administration, consulting, sales and training. He is also a former high school basketball coach.
General Webcast Information
How to Access Webcast: All live and on-demand webcasts will be accessible directly through your Learning Activities.
Paying Online Using a Credit Card: Please use the On-Demand registration button above to purchase using a credit card only. Email confirmations will be sent immediately after purchase.
Registering Multiple Users: If you need to register multiple users, email [email protected]
Group Discounts: For details on Webcast packages or any additional training package offerings, please contact Tiffany Hanks, Director of Education Sales [email protected]. You can also find more information on webcast pricing package page.
Cancellation Policy: All webcasts are non-refundable. If you have registered for the live webcast and are unable to attend, please email [email protected] and request to transfer your registration to the recorded version. This request must be made before the live webcast takes place.
Disclaimer: Statements and materials presented on American Retirement Association webcasts are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinion or the position of the American Retirement Association. The American Retirement Association assumes no responsibility for the content and materials presented by speakers during the webcast.
Questions? Please reach out to our Customer Care team [email protected]