ASPPA and PenChecks have partnered to offer 14 scholarships annually to individuals interested in pursuing ASPPA’s Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA), Qualifed 401(k) Consultant (QKC), Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA), and Certified Pension Consultant (CPC) credentials.
Scholarships will be awarded to 14 individuals each year to cover their study materials, credential exam fees, and first year of membership dues. 2023 recipients will be announced at the 2023 ASPPA Annual Conference.
The scholarship application period for 2023 will open on July 1 and close on September 15, 2023. Click here to submit your application.
- The scholarship covers the costs for the QKA exams and related required reading materials, exam re-takes (see below) and the cost of the awardees first year of membership dues.
- Retake exam policy – if an awardee fails an exam, he/she will be eligible to re-take one of the credential (QKA1 or QKA2) exams, but not both.
- Awardee will be responsible for ordering exams and study materials online using their scholarship code.
- Awardee cannot transfer scholarship award to another individual.
- If awardee does not complete the examinations within two years, he/she can complete the credential but the awardee will be responsible for the costs.
- The scholarship is open to any U.S. employee in a firm that is interested in pursuing an ASPPA credential.
- If selected for the scholarship, candidates must complete credential exams within two years. Credential applications must be submitted within 6 months of successful completion of the last required exam.
- Awardees must be eligible for the selected credential to be granted the credential. This includes demonstrating two years of retirement plan related experience or completion of the RPF program if applying for the QKA scholarship.
- The application must be completed in its entirety online to be considered. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants must submit a letter of reference from your supervisor to Chris DeGrassi [email protected] by the deadline to be considered. Mailed letters of reference will not be accepted.
- If any information on the application is determined to be false, the application will be denied.
- Applicant agrees to be contacted by the Selection Committee if they require additional information.
- The applicant agrees that if selected for the scholarship ASPPA is permitted to use their name, company information, and likeness in promotions for the scholarship. The applicant will be required to re-affirm this agreement if the scholarship is awarded.
Application & Selection Dates
The scholarship application period for 2023 will open on July 1 and close on September 15, 2023. Click here to submit your application. 2023 recipients will be announced at the 2023 ASPPA Annual Conference.